- Police & Fire
- Arts & Living
- Things to Do
EASTHAM - A fire that began early Sunday morning at Arnold's Lobster & Clam Bar on Route 6 in Eastham has been deemed not suspicious, according to Eastham Fire Chief Glenn Olson.
Police and firefighters were called to the popular restaurant around 6 a.m. Sunday morning after an employee arrived on site and reported the fire.
The fire reportedly began in an appliance in the basement of the building and was mostly extinguished by a burst water line, according to Chief Olson. There was a significant amount of heat and smoke damage, but fire damage was moderate. Damage to the area around the appliance was more extensive.
Eastham firefighters were able to contain the fire and did not require mutual aid at the scene. There were no reported injuries.
Although gearing up for the end of the season, the fire moved the restaurant's closing date up as indicated on their website.
Owner Nate Nickerson will get to work making repairs and preparing the restaurant for its 2014 season.
This isn't the first fire at Arnold's. According to the Cape Cod Times, Eastham firefighters responded to a dryer fire at the restaurant on July 29, 2011.
CapeCodToday.com welcomes thoughtful comments and the varied opinions of our readers. We are in no way obligated to post or allow comments that our moderators deem inappropriate. We reserve the right to delete comments we perceive as profane, vulgar, threatening, offensive, racially-biased, homophobic, slanderous, hateful or just plain rude. Commenters may not attack or insult other commenters, readers or writers. Commenters who persist in posting inappropriate comments will be banned from commenting on CapeCodToday.com.