Dog Dies in Dennis Apartment Fire

Kitchen fire quickly knocked down...
One of the cottage apartment buildings at 10 Rogers Way Dennis Port (Dennis Assessor's photo)

A dog perished in a fire at 10 Rogers Way in Dennis Port Saturday afternoon.  The fire reportedly originated in the kitchen.

When firefighters arrived the resident of the small apartment was already outside.  Tenants in adjacent units were also evacuated.

Firefighters recovered the dog during their first search of the home.  It was transported to a Dennis veterinarian but did not survive.

The Harwich Fire Department assisted with the fire.  No injuries to firefighters or residents were reported. 

10 Rogers Way is valued at $342,400 according to the Dennis Assesors' database.  The property consists of several small cottage apartments and has been owned by Steve M. Flynn of Harwich since 2014, according to town records.

 


CapeCodToday.com welcomes thoughtful comments and the varied opinions of our readers. We are in no way obligated to post or allow comments that our moderators deem inappropriate. We reserve the right to delete comments we perceive as profane, vulgar, threatening, offensive, racially-biased, homophobic, slanderous, hateful or just plain rude. Commenters may not attack or insult other commenters, readers or writers. Commenters who persist in posting inappropriate comments will be banned from commenting on CapeCodToday.com.