Close Call in Sagamore Beach But Smoke Detector Saved the Day

Unattended candle left burning in bathroom...
A Sagamore Beach resident left a candle unattended resulting in this... (Bourne Firefighter photo)

From Bourne Firefighters IAFF Local 1717...

Close call in Sagamore Beach last evening when a resident in a apartment left an unattended candle burning in a bathroom. 

If using candles never leave them unattended or better yet don’t use them at all. As you can see what can happen. The resident did have working smoke detectors which alerted them.


CapeCodToday.com welcomes thoughtful comments and the varied opinions of our readers. We are in no way obligated to post or allow comments that our moderators deem inappropriate. We reserve the right to delete comments we perceive as profane, vulgar, threatening, offensive, racially-biased, homophobic, slanderous, hateful or just plain rude. Commenters may not attack or insult other commenters, readers or writers. Commenters who persist in posting inappropriate comments will be banned from commenting on CapeCodToday.com.