Chimney Fire in Sandwich

Home on Sea Meadow Road
Sandwich Fire Dept. photo from a Sunday night chimney fire in town.

Sandwich firefighters responded to a report of a chimney fire at a home on Sea Meadow Road.  Fire was showing from the chimney when the first fire vehicle arrived on scene. (See photos below)

There are no further reports from the scene at this time.

Update:  Sandwich Fire reports that the fire was extinguished within 30 minutes, the scene ventilated and the residents were able to return to the home.


CapeCodToday.com welcomes thoughtful comments and the varied opinions of our readers. We are in no way obligated to post or allow comments that our moderators deem inappropriate. We reserve the right to delete comments we perceive as profane, vulgar, threatening, offensive, racially-biased, homophobic, slanderous, hateful or just plain rude. Commenters may not attack or insult other commenters, readers or writers. Commenters who persist in posting inappropriate comments will be banned from commenting on CapeCodToday.com.