Cape Cod Baseball League
The Cape Cod Baseball League is a favorite of residents and visitors alike. Collegiate players from all over the country flock to the Cape in the summer months (mid June to early August) to play ball. Many a Major League Baseball player played in the Cape Cod Baseball League.
Not only do the games attract families and baseball aficionados, they attract professional MLB scouts eager to find the next big ballplayer.
Games are free, but most fields request a token donation to help with field upkeep--a $1 or so well spent.
Below is a list of each of the teams' homefields. NOTE: The abbreviation following the team's name (ex. BRE) is the notation used in the calendar. See games times in the CapeCodToday.com calendar here.
EAST DIVISION FIELDS
- Brewster Whitecaps (BRE) - Stony Brook School, Underpass Road, Brewster
- Chatham Anglers (CHA) - Veteran’s Field, Depot Station, Chatham
- Harwich Mariners (HAR) - Whitehouse Field, Oak Street, Harwich
- Orleans Firebirds (ORL) - Eldredge Park, Route 28, Orleans
- Yarmouth-Dennis Red Sox (Y-D) - "Red" Wilson Field, Dennis-Yarmouth High School, Station Ave, S. Yarmouth
WEST DIVISION FIELDS
- Bourne Braves (BOU) - Doran Park, Upper Cape Cod Regional Tech, Sandwich Road, Bourne
- Cotuit Kettleers (COT) - Lowell Park, Lowell Street, Cotuit
- Falmouth Commodores (FAL) - Gus Fuller Field, Main Street, Falmouth
- Hyannis Harbor Hawks (HYA) - McKeon Field, High School Road, Hyannis
- Wareham Gatemen (WAR) - Clem Spillane Field, Route 6, Wareham
(Below photo: The Wareham Gatemen beat the Yarmouth-Dennis Red Sox in 2012, taking home the league title. Photo by Maggie Kulbokas.)