CapeCodToday.com will once again chronicle the experiences of college interns working on the Cape this summer. We invite interns and their sponsoring organizations to submit stories, which will be published verbatim.
These pieces do not need to be all that lengthy. We are looking for insight and introspection far more than a “What I did during summer vacation” type of essay.
· Here are the basic guidelines for the “chronicle” an intern might submit:
· Tell us your name, hometown and where you attend college
· Tell us where you are interning and what you do there.
· Talk about any of the following:
· What have you learned in your internship that you would not have learned in the classroom?
· How has your internship changed your professional outlook?
· What “take-aways” will you bring back to the classroom from this internship?
· Is there someone at your sponsoring employer that provided special mentoring or has had a strong influence on your development in the position?
· Where did you live during your internship? At home, with friends, group housing?
· If you could find a job in this field on Cape Cod would you either stay here or move here in order to pursue a good career on the Cape?
· Talk about anything else you think would be interesting to our readers.
· What advice would you give to a college student seeking an internship?
· Include a professional-looking photograph, either of the intern in a professional setting or at work on their internship tasks. Your Tinder dating photo is probably not appropriate.
· If you have some photos of your work activities or work product, you may include them for a small photo gallery at the foot of your article.
· Clear your article with the appropriate person at your sponsoring organization before submitting it to CCToday.
Articles will be published on a rolling basis and will remain permalinked on CapeCodToday.com.
Remember that your article not only represents your college and your employer, it is also something that will be easily found on Google by potential employers during your eventual job search.
If you have questions about Summer Intern Chronicles, please email [email protected].